List of medical contradictions to study in Russia
I. Inner diseases
1. Acute illness up to full recovery
2. Active pulmonary tuberculosis and its extrapulmonary forms
4. All the tropical diseases
5. Diseases of cardiovascular system:
- Exertional and rest angina (pectoris)
- old myocardial infarction regardless of period of limitation, followed by stenocardia; circulatory inefficiency of any degree; paroxysmal types of rhythm disturbance; A-V block, cardiac aneurysm, constant type of cardiac fibrillation (tachy- and bradyarrhythmia), polytopic and frequent ventricular premature beats;
- Recurrent myocardial infarction;
- Aneurysm and other lesions of the aorta and its branches;
- Atherosclerotic or myocarditis cardiosclerosis complicated with circulatory inefficiency of II or III degree, paroxysmal types of cardiac fibrillation (tachy- and bradyarrhythmia, polytopic and frequent ventricular premature beats);
- Essential hypertension (stages I - II A, if with crises, or IIB - III)
- Frequent paroxysms of rhythm disturbance of any etiology (more often than once in two month);
- rheumatic heart disease: bivalve valve insufficiency, bivalve valve insufficiency with mitral stenosis; combined mitral-aortic heart defect together with cardiac fibrillation; inadequate compensation of cardiac activity; apparent megalocardia and if rheumatic process activation has been indicated within the previous 4 years.
6. Diffusive diseases of connective tissue (rheumatoid joint inflammation, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic scleroderma, periarteritisnodosa, acute disseminated myositis etc.).
7. Diseases of the respiratory apparatus
- Bronchial asthma and asthmatic bronchitis;
- Combination of chronic bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema, pneumosclerosis and multiple bronchiectasis;
- Lung abscess;
- Chronic pneumonia.
8. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Esophageal peptic ulcer in acute condition or remission;
- Erosive, ulcerative, erosive and ulcerative esophagitis in acute condition or remission;
- Large diverticulum of the esophagus;
- Esophageal achalasia;
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in acute condition or remission;
- Large diverticulum of the stomach;
- Erosive gastritis and duodenitis;
- Polyp of the stomach and duodenum;
- Large diverticulum of the duodenum;
- Hepatocirrhosis (all types and stages);
- Chronic active hepatitis;
- Chronic granulomatous hepatitis;
- Cholelithiasis, calculouscholecystitis;
- Hepatolenticular degeneration;
- HBsAg carrier state;
- Anhepatic types of portal hypertension;
- Primary and secondary (metastatic) liver cancer;
- Benign liver tumors;
- Echinococcosis, opisthorchiasis and other helminthic invasions of the liver;
- Hepatic abscess;
- Acute and chronic cholangitis;
- Alcohol-induced liver injuries of any type and stage;
- Obstructive jaundice;
- Chronic pancreatitis with exocrinous and endocrine dysfunction;
- Chronic enteritis;�
- Chronic colitis;
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease;
- Neoplasm (polyps, villous tumors and cancer);
- Chronic anal fissures with pain syndrome;
- States after ablative surgery of rectal or colon cancers.
9. Urolithiasis with renal and ureteral calculus of any location (if calculus is in a calyx, the decision is made after personal urological examination)
11. Pyelonephritis with alteration in the urine analysis
12. Diseases of the hypothalamic-pituitary system: (conditions after radiation therapy of Itsenko-Cushing disease; conditions after adrenalectomy for Itsenko-Cushing disease; Itsenko-Cushing disease; Nelson's syndrome)
13. Panhypopituitarism - Simmonds' disease, Sheehansyndrome
14. Pituitary tumor accompanied by:
- long-lasting lactorrhea - amenorrhea;
- Diabetes insipidus during decompensation.
15. Diabetes insipidus of nonneoplastic genesis during decompensation
16. Adrenal diseases:
a. Tumors of adrenal cortex:
b. Tumors of the adrenal medulla and chromaffin tissue:
- Pheochromocytoma (blasotma)
c. Congenital adrenal cortex dysfunction:
- Salt-loosing form;
- Hypertensive form;
- Newly detected noncompensated states;
- Chronic adrenal insufficiency.
17. Diseases of thyroid gland:
- Basedow's goiter;
- Nodular goiter, adenoma of thyroid gland;
- Diffuse-nodular goiter;
- Chronic thyroiditis;
18. Diseases of parathyroid glands:
a. Tumors and hyperplasia of parathyroid glands accompanied by:
- Hyperparathyroid osteodystrop hy;
- Gastric and intestinal ulcer;
b. Chronic insufficiency of parathyroid glands (tetany):
a. Insulin-dependent diabetes (type I):
- Labile diabetes;
- Frequent decompensations (ketoacidosis, hypoglycemia);
- Severe associated illnesses (coronary heart disease <CHD>, chronic pyelonephritis, chronic hepatitis etc.);
b. insulin-resistant diabetes (type II) accompanied by severe associated illnesses (CHD, chronic pyelonephritis, chronic hepatitis etc.);
c. Diabetes mellitus types I and II, complications:
- Degree III and IV of diabetic retinitis;
20. Insulinomas and functional hyperinsulinism.
- Acute and chronic leukemia;
- Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas;
- Idiopathic myelofibrosis;
- Multiple myeloma;
- Waldenstrom macroglobulenimia;
22. Anemia (congenitalandacquired):
- Hypo- and aplastic anemia;
- Hemolytic anemia;
- Megaloblastic anemia;
- Sideroblastic anemia;
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Angiohemophilia (von Willebrand's disease);
- Idiopathic purpura (Werlhof's disease);
- Thrombastenia (Glanzmann's disease);
- Osler's disease;
- Vascular purpura.
24. Recurrent agranulocytosis.
25. Storage diseases
II. Surgical pathology
Hernia: epigastric hernia, umbilical hernia, inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, postoperative hernia of any localization; all diaphragm hernia, except hiatal hernia of I or II degree.
Congenital megacolon (Hirschsprung'sdisease)
Epithelial paths and cysts of coccyx regardless of fistulas presence
Recurrent appendicitis with exacerbations
Trombophlebitis at acute and subacute stages or with frequent exacerbations in past history; all stages of obliterating endarteritis.
Rectal prolapse, especially for persons of physical labor.
Trophic ulcers of any localization.
Hemorrhoids with frequent bleedings, rectal fistulas.
Fistulas of abdominal cavity
Recurrent anal fissures with pain syndrome.
Acute and recurrent anal abscess.
Dermoid cysts in pararectal and retrorectal space.
Anchylosis of two or more large joints, including anchylosis of hip joint after osseous tuberculosis with significant shortening of limb.
Ablation of extremities disregard of its level.
Congenital malformation of the musculoskeletal system preventing from independent locomotion.
Osteomy elitis at any stage
III. Neuropsychic diseases
Transient stroke (of cerebral circulation) of any etiology without local neurologic symptomatology.
Consequences of cerebral stroke with impaired function
Dyscirculatory encephalopathy (chronic insufficiency of cerebral blood circulation) with intellectual and amnesic or movement disorder.
Frequently exacerbated chronic lumbosacral radiculitis.
Chronic peripheral nerve diseases, causing motor disturbance, cacesthesia and trophic disorder; residual effects after paresis of some nerves.
Hereditary progressive neuropathy
Infection of nerve system with symptomatic dysfunction
Symptomatic vegetative vascular instability
Symptomatic asthenoneurotic state
Persistent and spasmodic disorders (chronic chorea, myoclonia etc.)
Consequences of cranial traumas accompanied by residual effects and skull defects
Neurasthenia with symptomatic asthenoneurotic reactions, declaring themselves by irritability, emotional lability, performance decrement and somnipathy
All mental diseases (even in remission period)
All sorts of drug addiction, including chronic alcoholism
Tumor of the central nervous system
Flaccid and spastic paralyses, hampering movement
IV. Ear, nose and throat diseases (otolaryngology)
Abrupt hearing loss in both ears, preventing normal communication
Chronic tonsillitis with frequent exacerbations
Chronic purulent otitis media in exacerbation period
Chronic otitis media at the stage of remission (dry perforation)
Diseases of vestibular apparatus with balance disorders or frequent attacks of Meniere's syndrome
Clinically apparent ozena
Polyps of paranasal sinuses
Malignant and benignant neoplasms of ear, nose and throat
Visual acuity of each eye less than 0.3 with correction not higher than 6.0 D (subject to specialty requirements)
Strong myopia (12-15 D) with normal eye grounds
Acute and subacute diseases of conjunctiva and cornea. Various clinical outcome resulting in visual acuity less than 0.3 with correction
Trachoma and virus conjunctivitis
Chronic diseases and opticatrophy
Glaucoma: non compensated and subcompensated
Tumors of eye socket, intraocular tumors and other malignant or suspicious to malignancy neoplasms
Chromatic sensitivity or binocular vision disorder
VI. Skin and venereal diseases
Syphilis at any stage, chronic and acute gonorrhea
Fungus diseases of scalp (microsporia, favus, thrichophytosis) and skin
Ringworm (rubromycosis), athlete's foot with active manifestation of these diseases on the skin and nail plate lesions
Contagious diseases of skin (pyoderma, scabies)
Extensive forms of psoriasis, erythrodermapsoriaticum, psoriatic arthritis
Extensive forms of ichthyosis
Devergies' disease (pityriasis rubra pilaris)
Extensive, frequently recurrent forms of eczema, neurodermatitis, Hebra'spruriga
Extensive allergic dermatitis
Dermatomyositis, extensive diffuse scleroderma, lupus erythematosus, systemic forms of these diseases
Chronic allergic angiitis (ulcerous and necrotizing vasculitis, visceral angiitis)
Leprosy at any stage
All skin and venereal tropical diseases
VII. Dental diseases
Chronic ulcerative stomatitis
Chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis
Leukoplakia of the mucous tunic of the oral cavity
Osteomyelitis of the jaws
Parodontosis with abscess formation
Chelitis, glossitis, glossalgia and paresthesia of other sites of the oral cavity in their acute phase
VIII. Female disorders
Acute and chronic, frequently recurrent inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs
Ovarian dysfunction and functional metrorrhagia
Pre-cancerous conditions of the genital organs
Tumors of the ovary
Diseases of the neck of uterus (cervical erosion, polyps, cervical leukoplakia).